Below you can see various teaching resources I have compiled. Individual course links will lead to syllabi, reading materials, and/or other teaching documents.
Online Teaching Resources
- Advancing Music Theory Resource Wiki: Resource documenting our redesigned theory core curriculum developed at the University of Dayton (and recently at UConn). Provides lesson overviews, plans, and resources.
- Coming Soon: Open Source Music Theory Textbook
- Crowd-sourced Musical Examples Database
- Repository of music theory handouts
- Mainly for Theory 1 and Theory 2, most accompany core redesign.
- Please let me know if you see any errors – still under development!
Core Theory Courses
- Redesigned 4-semester Core Theory Curriculum (Co-designed with Toby Rush)
- Theory 1
- UConn – MUSI 1313 (F21) Syllabus (re-designed curriculum)
- UDayton – MUS 111 (F20) Syllabus (re-designed curriculum)
- UDayton – MUS 111 (F18) (transitional curriculum)
- Theory 2 – Music Theory Readings
- UConn – MUSI 1314 (S22) Syllabus (re-designed curriculum)
- UDayton – MUS 112 (S21) Syllabus (re-designed curriculum)
- UDayton – MUS 112 (S19) Syllabus (transitional curriculum)
- Theory 4
- UDayton – MUS 221 (S19) Syllabus (transitional curriculum)
Other Undergraduate Courses
- UConn – MUSI 3341 Introduction to Electronic Music Composition (S22) Syllabus
- UDayton – MUS 223 Introduction to Music Technology
- UDayton – MUS 360/PSY 375 – Psychology of Music
Graduate Theory Courses
- UConn – Analytical Techniques – MUSI 5302 F 2021 Syllabus (graduate-level general analysis course)